Let me start off by saying this is a lifetime journey for most people, me included. I probably don't practice everything the way you practice everything, and that's ok! The point is that we all find the practices that we want and need in our lives. To that end, I'm sharing the things I've found helpful (and will add to, no doubt, as I find new things).
Daily practice, one of the most grounding parts of my practice now, was ironically one of the last to appear. When it did finally appear, it made the most difference in my perception of myself as a witch - finally in community with the world around me, as well as helping me feel more in community with my fellow witches with whom I share part of my daily practice. Creating connection is magical. And creating connection and magic, even just a little bit, every single day, is a great way to start, end, and/or re-present and re-ground yourself in a moment.
Reflections on Self
- Cultural Appropriation
Resources and References
I had thought to use the 'Celtic Ogham Tree Year' for Moon cycle through this year, but as Robert Graves fabricated it, I decided if I was going to use something fabricated wholesale, I'd rather use something fabricated by women. It's just how I roll. The search for Moon names continues. That said - here is also where I will be sharing information about how I use lunar cycles in my own life, and ways you can approach the moon cycles as well.
Much like there's a hero/ine's journey, there is also the journey that a magical being takes through the arc of mythology. It is this, The Witch's Journey, that I am researching and adapting for the solar cycle here. I will also be sharing information about how I use the solar cycles in my life and things you can consider as well.
- CAYA Pagan Congregation, many members both past and current.
- Sisters of Fierceness - a tradition within CAYA Pagan Congregation
- Steve Nelson, beloved friend, witch, and now ancestor of spirit and affinity.
- [Revisit] Solar Considerations - Guerin, K. E. (2006, December). The Fairy Tale Forest. Retrieved from http://www.mythicjourneys.org/newsletter_dec06_guerin.htm
(In no particular order or priority, except topic as noted, alphabetically because... *I can't help myself!*)
- CAYA Pagan Congregation Daily Practices, last accessed 3/25/2018.
- LovingKindness Meditation, last accessed 3/25/2018.
- Nora Bateson, Liminal Leadership, last accessed 2017/11/24.
- Bethany Webster, Women Leaders, "Good Girls," and the Illusion of the Benevolent Patriarch, last accessed 2017/11/24.